In support of the Bradford Burns Unit
• you can download and print out your own Bradford Burns Unit Sponsorship Form to get sponsors, in aid of the world renowned burns research facility set up at the University of Bradford following the Bradford City fire disaster at Valley Parade on 11 May 1985 which killed 56 people and injured more than 250
• the Plastic Surgery and Burns Research Unit (PSBRU), led by Mr Ajay L Mahajan, Consultant Plastic Surgeon at the University, researches ways in which wound healing and scarring following wound healing can be improved
Innovative three-in-one format
• 1 Mile Kids’ Run, from the start, up and down Thornton Road and the finish loop – Kids Run race entry page [Minimum age: 8 on day of event, or 5 if accompanied by an adult]
• 5k Fun Run, being one lap of the course – 5k race entry page
• a Half-Marathon Run (13.1 miles or 21.1 km), being four laps of the course, plus a small extra loop of 1097m on the first lap – HM race entry page [Minimum age: 17 on day of event.]
Plenty of spot prizes, individual prizes and team prizes for the Club Challenge.
Organised by Bradford Council and partners
Challenging and atmospheric course
• Starting and finishing alongside the award-winning City Park, Bradford and circling around the Bradford College and University campuses. You can easily consult and download the Course Map.
Make a weekend of it and Visit Bradford
• A runner’s review in Runners World of Bradford City Runs from last year.
“I’d never been to Bradford before and so travelled from Birmingham and spent the night and thoroughly enjoyed what the city had to offer as whole – and can definitely recommend the National Media Museum and a trip to Saltaire & Salts Mill as something to see after the race. Loads of real ale pubs with local beers around Bradford/Shipley too – and I’d happily travel back to do this again next year.”
• Special weekend rates for 2015 in the Victorian railway splendour of the city-centre Midland Hotel (quote “City Runs Package”):
• Standard Doubles and Twins, rates of £65.00 per room per night for 2 people, with Executive upgrades at £20.00 per room per night
• Weekend rate: £130 for 2 in a Standard Room Bed and Breakfast
• £170 for 2 in Executive Room Bed and Breakfast.
• Make the most of the attractions:
• Friday or Saturday evening: the Alhambra or St George’s Hall theatres, or a curry
• Saturday morning loosener, 9am: 5K parkuns in nearby Lister Park or Horton Park
• Saturday: train rides to Haworth for the Brontes and Saltaire world heritage site; or stay in the city for the National Media Museum.
• Frequently Asked Questions page
Supported by the local athletic community and other partners
• Experienced and enthusiastic race-direction and marshalling by the local athletics community
• Large part of race entry fees go to our official charity partner
• Accurately measured course, with chip-timing
8,172 total views, 1 views today